Friday, July 11, 2008

Slides

I've posted my slides from Tuesday's presentation on slideshare (inclusive universe). However, the flash that is embedded on the slideshare page is not accessible: the buttons are not labeled and the alt-text has been stripped from the PDF. I've sent a comment via their web site. Anyone know someone who works there? I'd love to talk to someone in person.

Therefore, here's a tagged PDF version (inclusive universe). Is anyone out there screaming at their monitor/speakers/braille display? I tested the PDF with Jaws and everything except page 9 seems to come through all right (see notes below). This is definitely an experiment - my first non-html slide set - so please let me know if you have any trouble accessing the slides. I'm more than happy to provide HTML, but do want to give this one a try.

Here's the text for slide 9:

This page intentionally left blank to illustrate the view of gmail to someone who is blind or not viewing the screen for some reason. At this point in my presentation, I did a quick demo of mobile speak on an htc shadow reading gmail...trying to further emphasize the importance of challenging your assumptions about your users.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rashmi Sinha is a creator of slideshare. You'll find her blog if you look. She seems pretty cool, from her blog--curious to know her response to the issue you uncovered.